The simple answer is yes. But most major medical plans have a right to recover any money paid on your behalf when your being compensated by another party. This includes, private healthcare plans and Medicare/Medicaid benefits.  If you your major medical insurance carrier paid any of your medical bills, you must:  

  • 1. Contact the company and file a claim for subrogation. 
  • 2. Request an itemization of all benefits paid on your behalf. 
  • 3. Verify that benefits paid were due to the accident. 
  • 4. Determine if they have a contractual right to subrogation or statutory right. 
  • 5. If they are classified as an ERISA carrier.

Pin It on Pinterest